It’s morning! Wakey-wakey, my friend!
It’s about time that you prepare some breakfast for the whole family.
Just look at the time!
You do not have enough time to cook all those bacon and eggs and pancakes without your kids and partner late!
Or is there?
With the help of an excellent electric griddle, that is!
The Top 5 Best Electric Griddles 2022
To help you, I have listed here the top 5 best Electric Griddle you can find in the market today:
What We Like
- Comes with a non-stick coating
- Has removable handles and drip tray
- Easy to clean
- Can be fully submerged in water
- Ideal for cooking several batches of food
What We Don’t Like
- Not ideal for cooking pancakes
- Can have a cold spot
- Has uneven surface
The Presto Electric Griddle has a 22-inch cooking surface that allows you to cook at least 2 or 3 rounds of breakfast quickly. Made from heavy-duty aluminum, this electric griddle will not only last for many years to come, but its design also offers excellent heat conduction. It even has a non-stick coating so that you would not need any cooking oils at all.
This electric griddle from Presto also comes with removable handles, which allow you to place it inside an 18-inch cupboard. It also features a handy slide-out drip tray that can capture grease from the cooking surface effectively.
Lastly, the Presto 22-inch electric griddle is relatively easy to maintain and clean since the whole product can be fully submerged in water.
What We Like
- Fast cooking
- Portable and slender unit
- Non-stick coating
- Easy dismantling
- Drip tray
What We Don’t Like
- Uneven heat distribution
- The only dishwasher safe part is its dripping pan
At first glance, this electric griddle from BLACK + DECKER is quite similar to Presto’s electric griddle. This electric griddle is also spacious with a total surface of 210 square inches, which allows you to cook eight pancakes and 12 strips of bacon.
This electric griddle features easy dismantling, and its cooking plate is relatively easy to clean. It has thermostat heat control and is dishwasher safe. It also has a non-stick coating, so it requires no oils when cooking, and it has a drip tray for capturing grease.
What We Like
- Use it as grill or griddle at the same time
- Performance driven device
- Excellent build quality
What We Don’t Like
- Has limited cooking surface when used as a press
The Cuisinart electric griddle might be the oldest one on this list. However, its unusual properties give this unit a lot of value.
For starters, this electric griddle is a good press, although it might be bulkier than other electric griddles. If used as a press, the griddle has a cooking surface amount of 100 square inches and goes up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit which can handle even raw meat.
When unfolded, however, this electric griddle from Cuisinart offers a comfortable 200 square inches of cooking surface. The build quality of this unit is also excellent, and it is made of sturdy stainless steel material that should last for ages. It also features replaceable plates for easy cleaning.
What We Like
- Electric griddle and grill in one
- Has indicator lights
- Looks elegant and sleek
- Dial controlled temperature
- Removable cooking plates, drip tray, and hoods
What We Don’t Like
- Takes too long to heat
- Sharp clips that hold the viewing window
Are you looking for an electric griddle that can provide you the same result as your outdoor grill? Then look no more! The Hamilton Beach Electric Griddle is precisely what you are looking for!
Featuring a non-stick cooking grid, this electric griddle creates those perfect sear marks in your steaks, chops, and burgers. Its cooking plates are also removable, and the drip tray and hood, making the cleaning process quick and easy.
This electric griddle also features an adjustable dial-controlled temperature that allows you to get the proper cooking temperature. With a high searing temperature, the flavors and juices of your food ill are locked in for a tasty, juicy, and flavorful meal you will surely enjoy.
The indicator lights of this electric griddle let you know when the temperature of your choice has been reached as well as letting you know that the device is on. Finally, this electric griddle has a stainless steel housing which offers a sleek look that adds a touch of elegance to your countertop.
What We Like
- Free from PFOA and PTFE chemicals for healthy cooking
- Durable surface that does not flake or chip easily
- Convenient warming tray
- In-built grease channel for draining excess oils
- Detachable drip tray
- Large cooking surface
- Cool touch handles
- Removable temperature probe for easy cleaning
What We Don’t Like
- Uneven heating
- The surface is prone to scratching if not properly maintained
Ceramic is one of the most recent non-stick materials. And this electric griddle features the proprietary DuraCeramic surface made from natural materials that will not peel or flake like the old-style Teflon. It is pretty easy to clean and is less likely to scratch when using a spatula for cooking your food.
The Oster Electric Griddle has a cooking surface of 10×18 inches which provides you plenty of room for cooking breakfast for the entire family. And in case you got more guests coming for breakfast, it comes with a warming tray where you can start the cooked foods to keep them warm while making more servings on the cooking service above.
This electric griddle has handles designed to stay cool during cooking so you will not hurt your hands. Furthermore, a grease channel is added to the cooking surface, bringing liquids, fats, and oil into the drip tray for easier cleaning and less mess on your kitchen countertop. Its temperature control is removable for easier cleaning and goes from warm temp to 420 degrees.
The King of Electric Griddles of 2022
And now, without further ado!
I crown the… Presto Electric Griddle
As the KING OF ELECTRIC GRIDDLES 2022!
With a huge cooking surface, you can cook meals for the entire family in one go. It offers healthy cooking since it is free from harmful chemicals and has a durable surface that does not chip or flake easily when adequately maintained.
Furthermore, its grease channel and drip tray give you mess-free cooking and make cleaning a breeze.Presto also kept your safety in mind with handles designed to stay cool during cooking to prevent accidents from burning your hand.
What is an Electric Griddle?
Typically, griddles are identified with a large cooking area. This cooking equipment usually doesn’t have raised edges and is perfect for cooking food that needs a flat surface to cook.
Modern-day griddles resemble a slab and feature materials like aluminum and steel. And althoughgriddles can be heated on the fire, the most modern models of today require electricity to function. Not like any conventional griddles, the electric versions significantly heat up faster and provide more space for cooking different foods at once.
Benefits of an Electric Griddle
- Griddles reduce the amount of time that you spend on cooking and cleaning. A large griddle can accommodate more food for cooking; therefore it reduces the pans and pots that you will need to clean.
- Most electric griddles are non-stick. Therefore, you need less oil in order to cook your meals. Also, most electric griddles come with grease wells or drip trays which allow you to collect excess oil during the cooking process.
- Cooking with an electric griddle allows heat to be evenly distributed. This ensures that the food you are cooking is evenly cooked; therefore there will be no half-cooked or burned foods.
- Electric griddles have a large cooking surface area that allows you to prepare or cook a large amount of food item at the same time.
- Electric griddles need electricity in order to operate rather than gas. Therefore, the operation cost is usually lower than using natural gas.
Things You Need To Consider When Buying An Electric Griddle
Searching for the best electric griddle in the market today can be time-consuming, especially if you don’t know what sort of features you need to look out for in an electric griddle. To make it easier for you to identify the best electricgriddle out there, here are some of the key features that you need to look out for.
1. Plate Material
The electric griddle’s plate material is one of the most important things you need to look for. Each material has its pros and cons:
- Composite: The most common variety of electric griddle material features a core which is made of aluminum, a very light material that provides a good heat transfer. Aluminum, however, is not that durable.
- Steel: Steel is the most common plate material for electric griddles. It is excellent in conducting heat, easy to clean and quite durable. Steel, however, needs a lot of maintenance and if it is not applied with oil frequently, it has the tendency to rust. The solution for such problem can be found in stainless steel griddle tops.
- Cast Iron: Electric griddles made of cast irons feature and even better heat conduction and is much cheaper than steel. However, cast iron is also known to be heavier and more susceptible to rusting like iron.
- Chrome: Chrome materials are very easy to clean. Also, because of its smooth surface, chrome is much more suited for flipping foods such as eggs and pancakes. However, chrome surfaces tend to be damaged when cleaning with sharp materials or abrasives.
- Ceramic: Ceramic makes an excellent plate material since it is durable and provides easier cleaning. Ceramic coating, however, is prone to wearing off and can easily chip off when not properly maintained.
An electricgriddle has two main types:
2.1. Single Surface Electric Griddle
The single surface type features a flat cooking surface heated by an electrical heating element that provides a continuous heat supply. The heat is evenly distributed throughout the cooking surface to ensure that the food will have even cooking.
Single surface electric griddles are typically constructed of aluminum and stainless steel. They come in a broad range of sizes and offer various features that enhance your cooking experience.
2.2. Combination of Electric Griddle andgriddle
This electricgriddle also features a flat cooking surface and has a slanted surface that can be used for grilling. Such cover can be attached through a different plate, or the single surface plate might have a sloping surface on the other side, whereas the container can be turned over to turn the electric griddle into agriddle.
Just like the single surface electric griddles, this type also boasts broad features which can help improve your cooking experience and comes in different sizes.
3. Grilling Surface
The cooking or grilling surface does not only determine how easy it is to cook your food, but it also dictates how fast and easy you can clean your electricgriddle. The grilling surface of an electric griddle can be flat or with grids. Electric griddles with grids on their grilling surface might be hard to clean than those with a flat surface. Whatever you choose, you need to make sure that the grilling surface should be non-stick.
The size of the cooking or grilling surface defines how much food you can prepare in one go. If you wish to cook more food or look for a commercial electric grill, you need to have an electric griddle with a large grilling surface. Then again, if you intend to use the grill to only cook for your family or a few people, then you should get one with a small grilling surface.
5. Grill Inserts
Most electric griddle features a single griddle plate, while some come with additional grill plates. If you intend to prepare various foods with the griddle or love different cooking foods simultaneously, then you might want to choose an electric griddle that offers extra griddle plates.
6. Heat Controls
The heat controls of the electric griddle allow you to control the temperatures that you wish to use in cooking your meals. Electric griddles have different heat controls. Some models have to keep warm functions that allow you to warm up your meals or keep cooked meals warm while waiting for other food items to be cooked, dual thermostats, and the capability to allow you to cook various meals with different temperatures.
7. Drip Trays
If you hate a messy counter, you should get an electric griddle equipped with a helpful drip tray. Depending on the food you are cooking, you might have plenty of grease building up on the cooking surface of your electric griddle. Once the cooking surface of your electric griddle is complete, the grease will either continue to pile up on your cooking surface or fall on your countertop. Having a drip tray on the electric griddle can prevent any of these from happening.
8. Indicator Lights
With indicator lights on electric griddles, you will know when the cooking surface has reached the right temperature that you selected. This slows you to avoid undercooking your food.
9. Cord Length
Most people forget to consider this factor.
Dragging the extension cord around the kitchen to find where you can prepare breakfast is not something that you should have a hard time with.
Check the length of cords that should suit the layout of your kitchen before you make a purchase.
10. Easy to Maintain
Try to look for an electric griddle that is easy and fast to clean and maintain. An excellent electric griddle comes with removable parts which are dishwasher safe. There are even some electric griddles that can be fully submerged in water for hassle-free cleaning.
As always, when shopping for the best electric griddle. You need to determine the budget you are willing to spend. The prices for electric griddles vary depending on the various features they offer, the size of the griddle, and of course, the brand. It would help if you got a griddle that matches your budget and the simple features you need.
Some people think that electric griddles are unnecessary for the kitchen since there are the might pan and stove.
Sure, you can make pancakes, fry bacon and eggs on a pan and the stove. However, an electric griddle offers you more! Electric griddles will ensure that you will not regret buying them from multiple food cooking to temperature control.
Did you find this article helpful? I do hope so!
Feel free to sound your mind in the comment section below if you have any questions or suggestions or use an electric griddle competent enough to be on this list. I’d love to hear it!
Until then, have a good day!