Warm, delicious, gooey with freshly baked dough and gentle cinnamon fragrance, resisting cinnamon rolls can be very difficult.
But there’s a problem – they’re only good when the rolls are fresh and warm. Once they stand in the refrigerator or at room temperature for a while, they become hard and not tasty. What’s more, the cinnamon rolls will begin to dry out.
If you want to experience the taste and goodness even after you store, you need to know how to reheat cinnamon rolls.
So, how do you reheat this delicious comfort food? Don’t have any idea? No, worries because I got you!
In today’s guide, I will tackle the best ways to reheat cinnamon rolls and how to do it properly.
Without further ado, let’s begin.
How To Properly Store Cinnamon Rolls for Reheating
Before discussing how to reheat cinnamon rolls, let’s first find out how you can store them properly so that you’ll not end up with spoiled rolls when you plan to reheat them.
Cinnamon rolls can be stored at room temperature, frozen, or chilled. But I suggest placing them in the freezer, especially if you won’t consume them in the next few days.
You can keep your rolls at room temperature for several days. You put them in the freezer for up to one week. In case you need to keep them a bit longer, you will need to transfer the cinnamon rolls using an airtight wrapping technique. With this method, your cinnamon rolls want to stay frozen for about four months.
Nevertheless, the trick to storing these foods is to make use of airtight containers. Wrap the cinnamon rolls individually in either aluminum foil or plastic wraps. Then place them in freezer bags.
The 4 Best Methods On How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls
When it comes to reheating cinnamon rolls, there are actually various methods you can try. To give you an idea, here are some of the best ways that will allow you to enjoy cinnamon rolls as much as you first have them.
Method 1: Reheating Using A Microwave
Are you in a hurry? If yes, the ideal way to reheat your cinnamon rolls in the microwave.
With this method, it will hardly take about a minute to warm or reheat your delicious rolls. But microwaving can make your cinnamon rolls soggy, that is not something that you want.
Having said that, it’s crucial not to microwave for too long.
What You’ll Need:
- Microwave-safe dish
- Melted butter or water
- Place cinnamon rolls on a dish. If you have too many rolls, it would be best to reheat them in several rounds.
- Coat the cinnamon rolls with butter or simply sprinkle water lightly.
- Microwave the rolls for 15 to 30 seconds or until warm. Remember, the time will differ depending on the microwave’s power. So, take them out and check how warm the rolls are. If needed, return the rolls to the oven.
- After reheating, remove the cinnamon rolls from the microwave.
- Let the rolls cool slightly and serve immediately.
Place a microwave-safe cup with water in the microwave and heat it before placing the cinnamon rolls. After which, place the rolls in the microwave beside the cup of water. The steam coming from the water will help soften the rolls, so they are not soggy or too dry.
Method 2: Reheating Using The Oven
In terms of reheating foods, the oven is the most convenient and effective technique available.
The best thing about this method is that you can reheat the cinnamon rolls while keeping their gooey and soft quality. But unlike the previous method on how to reheat cinnamon rolls, using the oven takes longer.
What You’ll Need:
- Baking tray
- Melted butter
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- Before placing the rolls on the tray, you can coat them with melted butter or sprinkle some water, especially if they become hard and dry. But if the cinnamon rolls are juicy and moist enough, simply arrange them in the baking tray.
- Wrap the cinnamon rolls with aluminum foil to soften them and retain the moisture as you reheat.
- Place the baking tray in the oven.
- Reheat the cinnamon rolls for five minutes. However, you can add more time until they are completely warm.
- Once ready, take them out from the oven.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Method 3: Reheating Using An Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer, know that you can also use it to reheat your cinnamon rolls. Like the microwave and oven, trust us, this method is effective and simple.
What You’ll Need
- Air Fryer
- Cooking oil
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your air fryer to 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- Add some cooking oil to the air fryer basket
- Put the cinnamon rolls in the basket.
- For cinnamon rolls with icing and you don’t want the icing to melt on the bottom, you place parchment paper in the basket.
- Then, air fry the cinnamon rolls for approximately 3 minutes or until they are warm.
- Once done, take them out of the air fryer and let them cool.
- Serve immediately.
Method #4: Reheating Using A Pan
Don’t have a microwave, oven, or air fryer? Don’t worry because you can still reheat your cinnamon rolls by simply using a pan.
What You’ll Need
- Place a pan on medium-low heat. Remember, high heat may cause the rolls to burn, which you don’t want to happen.
- Allow the pan to warm up.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a heated pan. Make sure to cover the pan to avoid dryness.
- Reheat the cinnamon rolls for approximately ten minutes,
- Once done, take the rolls out from the pan, and you are all set.
- Please note that you will need to be careful with this method, especially from the heat level, to avoid burning.
How To Thaw Cinnamon Rolls?
If you’re in a hurry, you can thaw your frozen cinnamon rolls using a wet paper towel. Wring out the paper towels so that the rolls are damped but not soaked. Cover the cinnamon rolls with a paper towel and check if the tops are covered completely. Microwave for one minute at a time, checking after every minute to make sure the cinnamon rolls are thawing, not cooking.
Thawing cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator is also possible. The night before, you plan to reheat the rolls, take them out from the freezer and place them in the refrigerator without removing the wrap. Allow the cinnamon rolls to thaw overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When Do Cinnamon Rolls Go Bad?
When you keep your cinnamon rolls at room temperature, they will remain fresh for up to three days. But you should avoid reheating them as they might go stale.
For frozen cinnamon rolls, they will remain fresh for up to four months. But keep in mind that the taste will not be the same after a week or two as a yeast-based product usually loses its real taste when frozen.
How to Reheat Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls?
Using the microwave is the best method to reheat your Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. All you need to do is place the rolls in a microwave-safe place. On full power, heat the rolls for 20 to 25 seconds. You can increase the heating time by six to eight seconds for every additional cinnamon roll.
How to Reheat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls?
Just like the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, I suggest that you use a microwave when reheating your Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. To begin with, make sure that the rolls are completely thawed. Then place it in a place (microwave-safe) and heat it to full power for 15 to 20 seconds. For every additional cinnamon roll, increase the reheating time by four to six seconds.
Having warm, fresh, and delicious cinnamon rolls is a great treat for yourself. The good thing is that you save some cinnamon rolls for later as they can be reheated with ease. All you need to do is follow any of the methods mentioned above, and you can enjoy gooey and soft rolls anytime you want.
I hope you like and find this guide helpful. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to comment below. You can also share this with others if you want to help them enjoy their cinnamon rolls after storing them in the freezing or at room temperature.